This summertime, let’s create beautiful memories with your little ones! And what better than to have a pool day with your babies, with their tiny hats on and Itibitti bikinis? How cute is that!
But since your babies can’t swim yet, why not buy beautiful and safe baby floats for them? This way, they can enjoy the calm pool water underneath, but it is important to keep in mind the safety of these floats.
So here I have the 10 best baby floats for your babies to enjoy the pool.
10 Best Baby Floats For The Pool
Among all the baby floats in the market, here are the ones that are widely popular among parents.
1. SwimWays Inflatable Infant Swimming Pool Float with Canopy
These SwimWays baby floats are very popular in the market; It is quite a well-loved brand for baby floats. This exact float is for babies from 2 months old. Some of the features of this baby float are as follows.
- The float has a sofa bed for the baby to sit or lie down on comfortably.
- The inflation is fabric covered to give extra protection.
- It has a child safety valve at the base, and it has dual air pressure.
- A mesh play in front to let the baby play with the water.
- A removable canopy to protect from direct sunlight.
- Has a three-point harness for protection.
2. SwimWays Baby Float Spring Activity Centre With Canopy
This is another SwimWay product; as this brand is well-loved and popular, it has a lot of great baby floats. This baby float is for babies from the age of 9 months and up. Here are some of the features there are for this float.
- This float can turn 360 degrees.
- This even has an area to hold toys for your kid to play with
- There is a removable canopy with mesh protection for the baby on all sides.
- The baby even sits on a soft mesh material to be able to sit on the water.
3. SwimWays Infant Baby Spring Float With Canopy
This is the best SwimWay float for more older babies, and you can get this model with a lot of different characters like Disney characters and princesses. A few of the features of this float are as such.
- There is a mesh seat with holes for the baby to glide their legs through, so the baby can sit in the water to play with.
- This, too, has a removable canopy to protect the baby from the sun.
- The rest of the features are the same as before.
4. SwimWays Mommy And Me Spring Float With Canopy
This Swimway float is great for the parent to float with the baby. It is made for babies who are from 6 to 9 months old. Here are a few of the features of this baby float are as such.
- There is a detachable float for the parents.
- Like the rest of SwimWays products, this too has a canopy to protect the baby from direct sunlight from all directions.
- The rest of the features are as same as before.
5. LAYCOL Inflatable Baby Pool Float Ring
This baby float by the brand LAYCOL is very popular and highly recommended on Amazon. The reason for its popularity is because of its ergonomic angles, which is highly comfortable.
This float has a unique design to it that helps the baby to lay on its belly and float on the water. A baby from the age of 3 months to 36 months can use this float.
- It is CPC Certified. Which means the product is non-toxic.
- It has a detachable sun canopy top to protect the baby from the sun.
- This has a 5-point harness system.
- It is best for backstrokes and breaststrokes.
6. iefoah Inflatable Flamingo Baby Pool Float With Canopy
Can this flamingo-shaped baby float any cuter than it already is? Along with it being cute, this flamingo float has a lot of safety features as well.
It is mainly recommended for kids from 6 months old, but kids from 4 months old can also use them perfectly fine. A few of the features of this float are.
- The float is made up of PVC, is non-toxic, and is of high quality.
- The canopy that is used here is adjustable and removable.
- This baby float is great for traveling.
7. Free Swimming Baby Inflatable Swim Float
This is yet another baby float that has great reviews online. You can buy this float to help your kid to learn to swim by kicking the water. A few of the features of this float are as such.
- The canopy is removable and adjustable.
- The recommended age to use this float is from 3 months to 6 years old. It is better to check the age size before buying the float.
- There is soft support at the bottom to give extra support and prevents the baby from slipping.
- There are adjustable shoulder straps that provide extra support to the baby.
- The front is slightly raised with the sides wider so as to avoid turning overboard.
8. Intex My Baby Float
This is what you call a classic baby float that is in the market, and being highly affordable, this is a great option for the best baby pool float.
Although the is no canopy to protect the baby from the sun, so make sure to take a hat and lightweight swimsuit. Here are a few of the features of this float are as such.
- There are dual air valves and air chambers for safety.
- There is a backrest, so the baby is able to rest its head.
- The maximum weight limit is 33 pounds.
- The seat straps are quite smooth.
9. Flyboo Inflatable Shark Infant Pool Float
If your kid’s favorite song is “Baby Shark,” then why don’t you buy that kid this adorable baby shark float? The kid is going to have a ton of fun in this float, as it also has bells attached to the teeth of the shark for additional excitement.
A few of the features of this adorable float are as such.
- This float is recommended for kids 6 to 36 months old babies.
- The canopy is detachable and adjustable.
- The float is made out of high-density PVC.
- There are handles on both sides for the parents to hold the float.
10. Peradix Baby Pool Float With Canopy Sunshade
This Peradix baby float is in the shape of a whale and also comes with a steering wheel to keep your baby entertained. The whale also comes in the color orange. Here are a few of the features of this float.
- The float is made of non-toxic and high-quality PVC.
- The canopy is both detachable and adjustable.
- It is best suited for kids from 3 months to 3 years.
- It has hand grips on both the sides.
Things To Take Care of Before Choosing A Baby Float
There are certain things that every parent should consider before they choose a baby float for their little one, are.
Whenever you are buying something for your baby, the first thing that you should make sure of is that it is safe for your baby. When you are buying a baby float, make sure that it is safe to use and is not made up of any toxic chemical substance.
Even after you buy your baby float, it doesn’t mean that it is fully child protective; parental supervision is needed at all times when your baby is on the float in your pool.
‣ Sun Protection
According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, it is suggested that babies should be kept out of direct sunlight.
They also recommend avoiding any sunscreen on the baby’s skin for the initial six months. So it is best that you buy a baby float with canopy or a type of baby float with shade over it.
‣ Proper Size
The baby float that you are buying should be of the proper size to fit your baby comfortably. While buying the float, check for any weight limitations and also age as well, as that is crucial for a growing baby.
If you intend on traveling with your baby, make sure that your baby float is convenient enough for traveling. Before buying the float, make sure that it is inflatable and can be compressed to size down for traveling.
‣ Type Of Baby Float
While shopping for baby pool floats, go through all the types of floats before you set for one. There are a lot of different types of infant pool float in the market, so do proper research before you buy one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)!
If you have any more questions, then here are some of the queries that others had.
Ans: Babies under the age of 6 months can float really well. Since, not long before, they were floating in the amniotic fluid, this makes babies floating in the water quite natural.
Ans: In general, floaties are good. But AAP advised checking these floaties before buying them so that they won’t deflate while using them.
Ans: Babies at 6 months old don’t have the skills to learn swimming, but you can bring them at age 6 for practice. From that age, hydrotherapy is really good for their growth.
Jamie Truman, a New Jersey-based mom of three says, “Pool floats are worth their weight in gold for that one summer when babies can’t yet walk confidently and your back is so sore from carrying them around.” “The baby can sit in the float, happy as a clam, and you can be somewhat hands- (or more accurately, hip-) free for some precious minutes,” She continues.
Whichever baby float you choose, it is important that you make sure it is totally safe to use and is not made out of any toxic chemicals. You need to double-check all the safety measures so that your baby can use them without any problem.
- how to be a good mother? Best Advice by Expert in 2022
- How to Improve Parenting Skills? Best Advice by Expert in 2022
- 10 Best Backyard Swing Sets For Kids