Right now, you are feeling one of the most beautiful feelings in the world. Suddenly a little offspring changes everything. You can do anything for your little boo. You always want the best for that little life, which has changed your entire life from now.
Or, in case you are expecting, life is going to change.
Taking care of offspring is not that easy, especially when you haven’t yet got used to the new change in your life. And I know this is why you are here seeking some guidance on that. For growing bones and muscles, massage works really great.
But at the same time, you have to massage your cotton ball with the right type of massage oil.
Yes, the results of massaging do depend on which oil you are using on your baby. That is why I am writing this article. Here is the complete guide on baby massage oil you are searching for throughout the internet.
What Is The Importance Of Baby Massage Oil For Your Kids?
I know, when you are searching for baby massage oil, you actually want to know all about it. That’s what parents do for their children. So, I am starting this article with “why does your baby need a massage?”
Regular body massage with baby massage oil develops a bonding between you and your body. However, a mother already develops a biological connection with the baby; other members can opt for a massage when looking for developing a connection.
Both adults and babies understand the language of touch. Plus, baby massage with the best baby massage oil actually helps relax and comfort both of you. This is the time when you and your baby are facing each other without a dirty diaper in the middle.
Here, you both are also making eye contact. So, your baby starts learning your facial expressions and automatically develops their communication skills. Regular massaging also develops your little nervous system and brain.
There are several medical studies, which show regular touch and attachment with a caregiver or parent are indeed essential for the emotional and healthy brain development of babies. All these benefits are going to last a lifetime.
What Are The Best Massage Oil For Your Baby?
Everything is fine. You need to massage your baby regularly, as it has several benefits. But now the question is, “which oil is best for your baby?” Here, in this article, I will also talk about the most suitable baby massage oil.
1. Jojoba Oil For Baby
Jojoba oil always helps skin to heal; this is the reason why it is too beneficial to ignore for babies with eczema. This magical oil is also rich in vitamin E. Cold-pressed jojoba oil is the best option as a baby massage oil.
2. Almond Oil For Baby Massage
We all know the importance of Vitamin E when it comes to our skin. Almond oil is enriched with vitamin E. There are clinical research reports, which say that almond oil improves the skin’s thickness of premature babies and also strengthens it without a single side effect.
3. Coconut Oil For Baby Massage
A recent study has shown that massaging coconut oil on premature newborns actually helps strengthen and improve their skin. For newborns and older babies, it also does the same. Apart from that, coconut oil is considered a natural moisturizer.
And a baby’s skin always needs special care for moisturization. But at the same time, you have to be really careful with the purity of the oil.
4. Sunflower Baby Massage Oil
Now comes the beneficial cold-pressed vegetable oil, which contains vitamin E. in case you do not know what cold-pressed means, let me tell you, this type of oil is less processed than other kinds of oils. So, it is indeed a great baby massage oil for your baby.
5. Grapeseed Baby Oil For Massage
Here is another cold-pressed oil, which is normally safe to use as a body massage oil on your baby. So, you also can choose a bottle of grape seed baby massage oil for your little pie.
6. Borage Seed Babies Massage Oil
This baby massage oil is enriched with fatty acid and assists in healing your baby’s skin. If you are thinking about a baby massage oil for your kid, you can pick this one; even your baby has eczema.
7. Rose Hip Baby Massage Oil
Rosehip oil is another one, which is also full of fatty acid and beneficial for a baby’s skin. It helps your baby’s skin to build it up. Babies with eczema will find it soothing in order to cure their irritation and redness. It is beneficial for other skin rashes as well.
8. Vitamin E Oil For Babies
Vitamin E oil is beneficial for skin all the time, but doctors still recommend not to use Vitamin E oil directly on your baby’s skin. You can opt for those oils which contain Vitamin E as a component.
9. Oat Massage Oil For Babies
Have you heard or read the name of “Avena sativa” in the list of contains when buying a body lotion for your baby? It is basically oat oil. Oat oil is a very common skincare ingredient, which helps in healing skin rashes along with dry and itchy skin.
Oils You Should Avoid For Your Baby
So, now you know which baby massage oil you should go with. But what about the other sorts of oils. Be very careful about them. Here is a list of all those oils, which you should avoid when you are considering oil massage for babies.
- Tea tree oil.
- Mustard Oil.
- Soybean oil.
- Peanut oil.
- Olive oil.
- Avocado oil.
- Other essential oils.
15 Best Baby Massage Oil For Your Kids
Now, I am digging into the main topic. I hope you have developed an understanding of which oil you should consider for giving your baby the ultimate relaxation through massaging. But which baby massage oil product will be a perfect choice.
Here is the best baby massage oil for your kids:
1. Mamaearth Soothing Baby Massage Oil
Mamaearth is well known for its organic and cruelty-free products. This baby massage oil is enriched with olive oil, jojoba oil, and sweet almond oil. This mild product is totally safe to use on your baby’s skin.
- Contains natural ingredients.
- Safe for sensitive skin.
- It comes with a strong scent, which your baby might not like.
2. Forest Essentials Baby Massage Oil
Now, this is a type of oil for which I can say, full of nutrition. All those nutritional ingredients make it perfect for your baby’s massage. Along with deep moisturization, it also comes with anti-inflammatory properties for soothing and healing.
- Strengthen the baby’s muscles.
- 100% natural.
- For all, it might not be a budget-friendly option.
3. Chicco Baby Massage Oil
Chicco baby massage oil is a non-sticky product, which gets absorbed in the baby’s skin really quickly. And the best part is, it does not clog the pores. After a few days, you will find your kid’s skin has become smooth and velvety soft.
- Rich with Vitamin E.
- Preservatives and paraben-free.
- Before application, a patch test might be required.
4. Dabur’s Baby Massaging Oil
From the house of one of India’s favorite brands, Dabur, this oil is enriched with all the natural components. The special formulation is perfect for offering daily nourishment along with strengthening your baby’s bones and skin.
- Enriched with several ayurvedic herbs, such as olive, almond, and jojoba.
- This oil is free of harmful chemicals and also hypoallergenic.
- In case your baby has sensitive skin, this might be an issue.
5. Cetaphil Baby Massage Oil
Cetaphil is a doctor-recommended brand when it comes to baby skincare essentials. This oil protects the delicate skin of your baby from the harmful external environment. Along with soothing dry skin, it also moisturizes skin naturally.
- Gentle enough for the very delicate skin of a newborn.
- Mineral oil-free, cruelty-free.
- Suitable only for babies with dry skin.
6. Mommypure Baby Massage Oil
This amazing baby massage oil contains all the essential nutrients which promote good muscle and bone health. Along with it, this baby oil from Mommypure also nourishes your little boo’s skin.
- Paraben and toxin-free.
- Vegan and cruelty free.
- It contains 10 different types of oils, which makes it not so suitable for summer usage.
7. Mystiq Living Natural Almond Baby Massage Oil
This natural baby massage oil is infused with the goodness of natural Vitamin E and massage oil. This oil from Mystic Living provides proper nourishment to the soft and very delicate skin of the baby.
- Calms and soothes the skin.
- Nourishes and strengthens the baby’s muscles.
- The fragrance might irritate your baby.
8. Burt’s Bees Baby Nourishing Baby Oil
This hypoallergenic baby oil is made of natural ingredients and stuffed with vitamins and antioxidants. The base is grapeseed, and apricot oil is designed for relieving any irritation, which is caused by dry skin. This oil has great moisturization properties for both you and your baby.
- Has antioxidants and vitamins.
- Base of apricot and grapeseed oil.
- Beneficial for dry skin.
- Relieves irritation and soothes dry skin.
- Good moisturizer for mothers as well.
- The price is a little high.
9. Blue Nectar Schubar Baby Body Massage Oil
Blue Nectar Shubar Oil for babies is composed of almond oil along with coconut oil and organic ghee. This baby massage oil is enriched with vitamin E and offers great benefits of proper moisturization.
- Contains almond and coconut oil, along with organic ghee.
- Rich in vitamin E.
- Offer moisturization.
- The price is really too high as per the quantity.
10. Cocobelle Baby Organic Coconut Oil
Cocobelle baby organic coconut oil is made of 100% virgin coconut oil and is also very gentle for your baby’s delicate skin. Apart from using it as a baby massage oil, you can use it for healing your chapped lips.
- 100% virgin coconut oil.
- Great for a baby’s delicate skin.
- Suitable for both older and newborn babies.
- Effective makeup removal and chapped lips.
- Does not contain any other benefits apart from moisturization.
- It is too costly.
11. Sebamed Baby Massage Oil
The best oil for your baby, if it has sensitive skin, is Sebamed baby massage oil. This oil has a very mild fragrance that mainly consists of herbs. In addition, Sebamed oil consists of magical oils like sunflower and jojoba, which are known for their moisturizing properties.
The oil is great for massaging the baby as it nourishes the skin of the newborn with the fatty acids that get absorbed quickly into the skin of the baby. In addition, the non-sticky formula of the oil makes it popular for new moms.
- Using this oil reduces transepidermal loss of water and keeps the skin moisturized and supple
- The oil is free from harmful chemicals and parabens
- The non-sticky formula makes it possible for the oil to be used before and after bathing.
- Heavy use of this oil can cause skin reddening
- It can have harmful effects on the eyes
- It should not be used before and after the meal
12. The Mom’s Company
Based in New Delhi, the Mom’s Co. is the natural brand of India that focuses on the health of the mother and the child alike. All the brand manufactures products are dermatologically tested and are Australia certified.
The products of this startup by Malika Sadani are proven to be safe and natural for the newborns. The principle of the brand is simple: “Love Without Compromise.”
The combination of organic almonds, jojoba oil, chamomile, sesame, Avocado, and Vitamin E nourishes the skin of the baby while strengthening the bones and the muscles.
- Wheat Germ Oil and Almond oil keep the skin of the newborn soft and supple
- Sesame oil is very rich in omega 3 fatty acids and calcium, helping the bones to be strong
- Chamomile oil soothes the skin and heals rashes
- The price of the product is a bit on the higher side of the spectrum
- Because the oil contains a variety of ingredients, you should do a patch test to check if your child is allergic to any
13. Johnson’s Baby Massage Oil
There is no one who does not know the name of this legendary baby product line. Johnson’s Baby Oil is a gentle formula that nourishes the skin of the newborn and makes it smooth and supple.
The oil is one of the most comfortable oils on the skin. The mild fragrance of the natural ingredients is proof that it does not contain harsh chemicals. The oil is great for the baby as it gives a natural glow and makes the skin soft.
- It contains vitamin B5 and E that, protects the skin
- Vitamin E is great for moisturization
- It is budget-friendly
- It contains some mineral oil that might not be ideal for your baby
- Read the product label carefully before applying it
14. Wheezal Calendula Baby Massage Oil
If your baby has delicate skin and is suffering from diaper rashes or wounds of any sort, this oil is the best one for them. Doctors prescribe calendula ointments for their healing properties.
This oil has antifungal, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties. These antiseptic properties help soothe diaper rashes, which is one of the main reasons why your little one is so irritated.
- It can Heal wounds
- Has Antifungal and antibacterial properties
- Improves overall skin health.
- Keep out of the reach of your child as the components of the oil may cause drowsiness
- Calendula oil may cause slowed breathing on heavy use
15. Himalaya Baby Massage Oil
The company has been in business for a long time, but it only launched its baby products line a few years ago. The non greasy and herbal composition of the oil makes it one of the most favorite of the mothers.
The oil is free from harmful chemicals and has many antimicrobial properties. This anti-stain formula will make your life easier if your child is hyperactive and loves to keep messing around.
- The oil contains Vitamin E that, nourishes the skin, and makes it soft
- It contains winter cherry, which has a lot of skin conditioning properties
- It is free from lanolin or other mineral oils
- This oil can have side effects with heavy use
- The oil is not ideal for extremely sensitive skin
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
When it comes to taking care of your babies, things become really difficult. You develop a lot of questions and doubts. The same goes for this part as well.
So, here I am answering the most common questions that I have been asked by several moms about massaging their babies. I hope you will find these answers satisfying and useful.
1. Which Oil Is Best For Baby Massage?
I have already talked about all the options you have when you are searching for the best baby massage oil. Still, when you are buying a massage oil for your baby, you should go through the ingredients part and check whether it has any of the following oils or not.
- Jojoba oil.
- Almond oil.
- Grapeseed oil.
- Coconut oil.
- Sunflower oil.
- Chamomile oil.
2. Which Oil Is Best For Skin Whitening For Babies?
Himalaya Baby massage oil is known for whitening a baby’s skin. If you use it along with Himalaya baby powder and Himalaya baby moisturizer, you will be able to witness visible results.
3. Which Oil Is Best For Baby Bones?
Blue Nectar Baby oil promotes good muscle and bone health. So, you can consider it for your babies. In case your baby does not have sensitive skin, you also can go with Dabur baby massage oil, which is enriched with several beneficial nutrients.
4. Does Baby Oil Darken Skin?
Generally, when you are using baby oil for moisturization purposes, it will not darken the skin. However, some beauty experts sometimes suggest mixing mineral oil with iodine. This is a dark-colored solution, which works as a mild antiseptic. Rubbing this oil in concentric circles usually darkens the skin tone.
Taking Baby Steps…
There are many scientific reasons why you should massage your newborn regularly. Daily massaging stimulates the blood circulation of the body and helps make the bones strong. It strengthens the muscles of the bones and makes your lovely baby healthier.
Studies have shown that regular massaging your baby with oils can make them less irritated and promote good sleep. And when the baby sleeps peacefully, you can sleep peacefully!
Many oils can do wonders to the health and growth of your dear child. Some of the best baby massage oils are stated above in the article.
I hope you have found the article helpful. If there are any other queries, let me know in the comment sections. Till then, take baby steps to make your child healthier!
- Top 10 Best Baby Headbands
- 10 Places To Shop Your Favorite Disney Clothes For Kids
- Best Kids Safety Glasses: Give Eye Protection To Your Kid