"I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection." - Sigmund Freud
A daughter is always a blessing to a father. They work and try (usually silently) their entire lives to express how much you mean to them.
But wouldn’t it be nice for you to also express how much your father means to you? It would be quite nice indeed. But you need the perfect words and quotes to express the feelings of love, respect, and gratitude.
So, if, by any chance, you are looking for father daughter quotes to send to your father, then Help is close by. This article has some of the best father-and-daughter quotes
Lovely Father And Daughter Quotes
If you are looking for quotes about a dad and daughter, then here are some that you may like–
- “It is admirable for a man to take his son fishing, but there is a special place in heaven for the father who takes his daughter shopping.” – John Sinor
- “Go on, take on this whole world/But to me you know you’ll always be/ My little girl.” – Tim McGraw.
- “If you ever want to torture my dad, tie him up and right in front of him, refold a map incorrectly.” – Cathy Ladman
- “Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad, and that’s why I call you dad, because you are so special to me.” – Wade Boggs.
- “You fathers will understand. You have a little girl. She looks up to you. You’re her oracle. You’re her hero. And then the day comes when she gets her first permanent wave and goes to her first real party, and from that day on, you’re in a constant state of panic.” – Stanley T. Banks
- “I smile because you’re my father. I laugh because there’s nothing you can do about it.” – Unknown
- “Some superheroes don’t wear capes. They are called Dad.” – Unknown.
- “When you’re young, you think your dad is Superman. Then you grow up, and you realize he’s just a regular guy who wears a cape.” – Unknown
- “A father is a son’s first hero and a daughter’s first love.” – Unknown.
- “A daughter is a treasure and a cause of sleeplessness.” – Ben Sirach
- “Dad, you’ve always been the coolest – like all those times you said ‘yes’ when Mom said ‘no.’” – Unknown
- “A little girl giggles when she is denied an ice cream by her mother. She knows daddy will get her some later.” – Unknown
Funny Daddy-Daughter Quotes
Here are some funny father daughter quotes–
- “Behind every great daughter is a truly amazing dad.” – Unknown
- “Dear Daddy, no matter where I go in life, you’ll always be my number one man.” – Unknown
- “He sweeps her hair back from her ears and swings her above his head. He says she is his émerveillement, he says he will never leave her, not in a million years.” – Anthony Doerr.
- “There is this girl who stole my heart and she calls me Daddy.” – Unknown
- “A father holds his daughter’s hand for a short while, but he holds her heart forever.” – Unknown
- “The heart of a father is the masterpiece of nature.” – Antoine Francois Prevost.
- “Being a daddy’s girl is like having permanent armor for the rest of your life.” – Marinela Reka
- “No one in this world can love a girl more than her father.” – Michael Ratnadeepak
- “One of the greatest gifts I’ve ever gotten came from God. I call him daddy.” – Unknown.
- “A son is a son till he gets a wife; a daughter is a daughter for the rest of her life.” – Irish Saying
- “Dad. He can play like a kid, give advice like a friend, and protect like a bodyguard.” – Unknown
- “Daddy, thanks for being my hero, chauffeur, financial support, listener, life mentor, friend, guardian, and simply being there every time I need a hug.” – Agatha Stephanie Lin
- “When I come home, my daughter will run to the door and give me a big hug, and everything that’s happened that day just melts away.” – Hugh Jackman
- “Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes.” – Gloria Naylor
- “This relationship has something special about it, that makes every father and every daughter in the world speak warmly about it.” – Unknown
- “Of all the titles I’ve been privileged to have, ‘Dad’ has always been the best.” – Ken Norton
- “One of the greatest things about daughters is how they adored you when they were little; how they rushed into your arms with electric delight and demanded that you watch everything they do and listen to everything they say.” – Micheal Josephson
- “Ordinary father-daughter love had a charge to it that generally was both permitted and indulged. There was just something so beautiful about the big father complementing the tiny girl. Bigness and tininess together at last—yet the bigness would never hurt the tininess! It respected it. In a world in which big always crushes tiny, you wanted to cry at the beauty of big being kind of and worshipful of and being humbled by tiny. You couldn’t help but think of your own father as you saw your little girl with hers.” – Meg Wolitze
Inspirational ‘Father Daughter’ Quotes
Here are some proud daughter quotes and inspirational quotes –
- “Fathers, be your daughter’s first love and she’ll never settle for anything less.” – Unknown
- “A daughter needs a dad to be the standard against which she will judge all men.” – Unknown
- “It was my father who taught me to value myself.” – Dawn French
- “In the darkest days, when I feel inadequate, unloved and unworthy, I remember whose daughter I am and I straighten my crown.” – Unknown
- “Fathers, be good to your daughters. You are the god and the weight of her world.” – John Mayor
- “You fathers will understand. You have a little girl. She looks up to you. You’re her oracle. You’re her hero.” – Stanley T. Banks.
- “He was a father. That’s what a father does. Eases the burdens of those he loves. Saves the ones he loves from painful last images that might endure for a lifetime.” – George Saunders
- “A man’s daughter is his heart. Just with feet, walking out in the world.” – Mat Johnson
- “What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family.” – Mother Teresa
- “A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again.” – Enid Bagnold.
- “A good father will leave his imprint on his daughter for the rest of her life.” – Dr. James Dobson
- “There’s something like a line of gold thread running through a man’s words when he talks to his daughter, and gradually over the years it gets to be long enough for you to pick up in your hands and weave into a cloth that feels like love itself.” – John Gregory Brown
- “My father didn’t tell me how to live. He lived and let me watch him do it.” – Unknown
A father’s love for his daughter knows no bounds, so why just limit it to forty? Let’s have some more.
Step Dad Quotes From Daughters
- “Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad, and that’s why I call you dad, because you are so special to me. You taught me the game and you taught me how to play it right.” – Wade Boggs
- “My Stepdad may not have given me life, but he sure has made my life better.” – Gerardo Campbell
- “Fatherhood requires love, not DNA.” – Anonymous
- “Any man can help make a child, but it takes a special man to help raise a child.” – Tony Gaskins
- “Stepparents are not around to replace a biological parent, rather to augment a child’s life experience.” – Azriel Johnson
- “A stepparent is so much more than just a parent; they made the choice to love when they didn’t have to.” – Anonymous
- “A stepfather means so many things… an understanding heart, a source of strength, and of support, right from the very start.” – Anonymous
- “He adopted a role called being a father so that his child would have something mythical and infinitely important: a protector.” – Tom Wolfe
- “A child cannot have too many people who love them and want to help them succeed.” – Anonymous
- “My mom is my heart. But my stepdad was my role model, the hardest working man I ever knew.” – Brian Urlacher
Daughters Day Quotes From A Father
- “There is nothing in this world that is more precious to me than your happiness because you are my world. Happy Daughters Day to you my dear.” – Anonymous
- “All the smiles that you wear bring me happiness that I cannot put in words. All the strength and success is what I always pray for you. Wishing you Happy Daughters Day my dear.” – Anonymous
- “No matter what happens, your dad is always going to stand with you through the toughest of times to tell you that I believe in you more than anything else in this world. Happy Daughters Day.” – Anonymous
- “To the daughter who is the reason behind my smiles. To the daughter who is my happiness and my pride. With lots of love, I wish you a very Happy Daughters Day.” – Anonymous
- “May you touch new heights of success? May you grow each day into a better person. Wishing a very Happy Daughters Day to the daughter who is my life.” – Anonymous
- “To the daughter who has always made her father proud and happy, I am sending warm wishes on Daughters Day. Always keep smiling my love.” – Anonymous
- “No matter how old you get, you will always be my little princess and I will never stop pampering you. Wishing a very Happy Daughters Day.” – Anonymous
- “Seeing you happy makes me content. Seeing you progress makes me happy. Seeing you around makes me joyous. Happy Daughters Day to my dearest darling.” – Anonymous
- “I have always prayed to God to always keep you protected, to always shower you with his choices and blessings because you are very special. Happy Daughters Day.” – Anonymous
- “With lots of love, I wish a very Happy Daughters Day to my daughter who fills the life and heart of her dad with so much happiness and joy. Always keep smiling.” – Anonymous
Not all the quotes here are for daughters. Even fathers can send some of the quotes in this article to their daughters. A father can even quote from the great Euripides.
“To a father growing old, nothing is dearer than a daughter.” — Euripides
We have scoured the internet to look for these nice ‘Father Daughter quotes.’ Please share your experience going through them. Also, please let us know which one you like in the comment. Also, if you need any additional help, you can comment below.
- How to punish a child? Best Advice by Expert in 2023
- 20 Tips For Dads – Best Guide For Expectant Fathers And First-Time Fathers
- 15 Tips before preparing for fatherhood – The New Dad Checklist